The Maus Law Firm, an “AV” rated litigation law firm, is looking to hire an attorney with 1-5 years experience for its First Party Property Damage insurance defense group.
The right candidate will have courtroom experience attending court hearings, summary judgment arguments, and taking and defending depositions. Preference to candidates with 1st party property damage and/or insurance claims experience. Admitted to Florida Bar a requirement for consideration.
Candidate needs to be a hard-working, self-starter who takes pride in producing high quality work and can provide excellent client customer service. Candidate must possess strong oral advocacy ability and excellent, grammatically correct writing skills. Experience needed in taking and defending depositions, familiarity with Fl. Rules of Civil Procedure, motion practice, and client relations.
– full case responsibility for defense of property damage insurance claims;
– drafting of pleadings, motions, memorandum of law, and responses thereto;
– attendance and participation in hearings and depositions;
– excellent negotiation skills;
– attendance at mediation;
– member of The Florida Bar with minimum 1-5 years relevant work experience;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
– skill in critical evaluation of claims and potential defenses;
– excellent interpersonal skills, team player and personable;
– tech savvy;
– excellent research and writing skills;
– desire to develop clients;
– motivated and aggressive;
– reliable and punctual;
– excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
– ability to comprehend and effectively comply with time requirements;
This position offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to gain extensive civil litigation experience along with the freedom to develop your own book of business. Salary based upon experience.